updfstab.conf and Sandisk Cruzer Mini USB flash RAM

Mikko Huhtala mhuhtala at abo.fi
Tue Apr 13 05:49:00 UTC 2004

Bill Nottingham writes:
 > Mikko Huhtala (mhuhtala at abo.fi) said:
 > > Bill Nottingham writes:
 > >  > Mikko Huhtala (mhuhtala at abo.fi) said:
 > >  > >
 > >  > > I'm mystified. Why does updfstab hate the Sandisk unit?
 > >  >
 > >  > Can you attach the hwconf stanza for the device?
 > >  >
 > >  > Bill
 > >
 > > I get the following in /etc/sysconfig/hwconf:
 >
 > You actually want the SCSI entry for the USB device.
 >
 > Bill

Yes indeed. The SCSI entry is

-
class: HD
bus: SCSI
detached: 0
device: sda
driver: ignore
desc: "Generic STORAGE DEVICE"
host: 9
id: 0
channel: 0
lun: 0
generic: sg1
-

and adding 'match hd "Generic STORAGE DEVICE"' in the flash entry in
/etc/updfstab.conf.default works. Thanks a lot. Is there some logic to
why the USB product description works for some flash drives and not
for others?

Mikko