Problem Shutting down or rebooting

Paul Nedlands pauln at mantatest.com
Wed Apr 14 22:09:02 UTC 2004

I am running Fedora Core on a Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop and am having
trouble with shutdown/reboot.
Many aspects of it work correctly. In particular it runs the INIT script,
stops processes, shuts things down, and then hangs forever after the
message: INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

At this point the machine needs to be directly powered off or powered off
and on again for another boot. In the hope that this was related to the Red
Hat 9 SMP problem, I added apm=power-off to the grub kernel boot line, but
no joy.

Help,

Paul

ps. Inspiron 8100 is 1ghz, PIIIm, 512mb, 40 & 60gb hard drives, cdrw,
1400x105 lcd, Nvidia Geforece 2 GO.
    Most other things work correctly but this is very frustrating.