Suggestions ClamAV on Fedora

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Thu Apr 15 02:58:31 UTC 2004

Hi Ron,

	Last night, I implemented clamAV on my laptop. I have a few items
for you to consider.

1.	You mentioned 2 sources for RPMs (DAG and Petr). Depending on the
  	sources which is taken, different configurations are needed.
	(I took DAG v 0.68-1)
2.	The configuration files eg:
	/etc/sysconfig/clamav-milter
	/etc/mail/sendmail.mc

In the case of DAG's RPMS and I think it's also wise to mention this in
your howto that some level of tinkering with the above 3 files _are_
needed.

a) ensure that in the /etc/clamav-milter the line that reads
	-obl local:/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock

   is consistent with the line in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc that reads
INPUT_MAILS_FILTER(`clamav',`S=local:/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock, F=,
T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl

I've had a hard time getting this in order (mainly) because of my own
stupidity. :(
(I forgot to restart sendmail after changing the line)

b) For the init-scripts, I noticed that somehow clamav-milter is starting
earlier than
   clamd. Hence, since it has to connect to clamd.sock, but can't find it,
it aborted.
   Turns out that Sendmail/clamd/clamav-milter all had the same startup
number
   in /etc/rd.d/rd?.d/ I had to manually rename S80clamav-milter to
S81clamav-milter
   so that everything turns out well.

c) for the /etc/sysconfig/clamav-milter file. Note that you mentioned to
leave it as it
   is (eg: leave the --quiet flag there). But in this File from DAG, it's
not there.
   so, placing your config fot /etc/sysconfig/clamav-milter would be good.

	eg: for mine
		CLAMAV_FLAGS="
			--config-file=/etc/clamav.conf
			--max-children=2
			-obl local:/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.sock
			--quiet
		"

I guess that's It. So.. how's the progress with samba-vscan??