Duplicating a Fedora PC

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Thu Apr 15 09:07:51 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 16:49, Hugh Foster wrote:
> Bit of a Linux newbie, working up a first Linux box for production users -
> so far, looks pretty good on PC 1 of 2. Now, if this were a Windows box, I'd
> DriveImage it and blat it onto the other, tweak the name and logins etc,
> voila 2 pcs.
>
> IS there a way to dupe an installation easily, or do I have to slog through
> all the settings again manually?

If the drives are identical models, dd can do it easily in rescue mode.
If not, DriveImage may (if it understands ext3, I haven't heard of that
product before.) and recent Norton Ghost versions do. GNU parted may
even do this (it can copy/resize partitions) but I haven't tried
anything that ambitious with it.

--
Chris Kloiber