wanderlust folder hierarchy

Jeff Kowing jeffrey.d.kowing at nasa.gov
Thu Apr 15 16:19:44 UTC 2004

I was curious if anyone on Fedora is using the emacs mail user agent,
wanderlust (rpm packages wl and wl-common) ?

I am having trouble getting the folder hierarchy to display correctly
when I connect to my IMAP dovecot server.

For example, my dovecot IMAP serves out my maildir directories:
<blah>/jkowing/.list.docbook/
<blah>/jkowing/.list.fedora/
<blah>/jkowing/.list.wl/

But my folder view in emacs wl shows something like:
 [-]Desktop:60/165/657
   [-]%:60/165/657
     %INBOX:0/0/2
     %list.docbook:0/0/6
     %list.fedora:0/0/0
     %list.wl:0/0/4

Instead of what I want which would be something like:
 [-]Desktop:60/165/657
   [-]%:60/165/657
     %INBOX:0/0/2
     [-]list
       %docbook:0/0/6
       %fedora:0/0/0
       %wl:0/0/4

Anyone have any advice?  It was suggested on the wl mailing list that
I do this:

(setq wl-folder-hierarchy-access-folders '("^%"))

but it did not help so I thought I might ask here.  I really want an
emacs mail client that works well with IMAP!

Regards,
Jeff