java, plugger 4.0 and galeon

Jay Daniels drs at pointyhats.com
Fri Apr 16 12:34:15 UTC 2004

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 12:59:47AM -0400, S. Gongola wrote:
> I think you'll have to symlink the plugin file from /lib/mozilla/plugins/*
> to /usr/lib/mozilla-****/plugins/  ---- replace "*****" with the name of the
> plugin
>
> On Thu April 15 2004 10:11 am, Jay Daniels wrote:
> > Installed Plugger 4.0 rpm...
> >
> > Plugger is detected under mozilla but not galeon.
> >
> > How do I make Galeon see Plugger?
> >
> > Also, which java runtime/plugin do I need for Fedora Core 1 to make java
> > applets work in Galeon and Mozilla?
> >

> > jay

You are correct. Also, I uninstalled plugger and installed mozplugger
from the repository...

# rpm -e plugger
# yum update
# yum install mozplugger

$ ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mozplugger.so \
/usr/lib/mozilla-1.4.1/plugins/mozplugger.so

At least I did read the release-notes and learned that mozplugger
replaced plugger in fedora core 1.

jay