ext3 journaling taking up HDD Space ?

Matthew Benjamin msbenjamin at fedex.com
Fri Apr 16 18:53:58 UTC 2004

/dev/sda1             6.7G  6.6G     0 100% /

This is what my space looks like. This is the / partition. I have 2
other servers running that are much busier, and one is a older ( a dog
as far as I'm concerned) however they are running ext2. They have both
been up and running for 100 days + I rebooted them lately - just for
fun. Neither one of them just ran out of space however. The /home and
the /var drives are partitioned off so that the website, ftp, and home
drives don't mess with the / space.