question about security

Gertjan Vinkesteijn Fed19 at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 17 10:42:41 UTC 2004

Vincent Schultz wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Maybe you're talking about SELINUX kernel ? You have 2 solutions :
>
>1) understand this secure kernel, see
>http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora-docs/selinux-faq-en/
>
>2) Disable the feature for a while with setenforce command :
>root# setenforce 0
>and set "SELINUX=permissive" (without the "") in /etc/sysconfig/selinux
>
>The kernel audit will be still active in /var/log/messages, and you will
>be able to see what are your problems and understand SELINUX.
>
>Vincent
>

>Le sam 17/04/2004 à 08:42, Gertjan Vinkesteijn a écrit :
>

>>Dear fellows,
>>
>>I have a security problem, normally I only bothe about the firewall, but
>>with SILUNIX (or something like that, I don't know the name, I am now on
>>windows, because I don't get anything done now).
>>"redhat-config-security" only give me the standart firewall thing.
>>Thus I get audits all over head and feel like Philips in China instead
>>as Phillips in the panhandle, rmk. 2 is less then 3.
>>
>>--
>>Vink

Dear Vincent,

I made kind of mistake, while I had a good running system, that the
dependcies what succesful, the result of what I often do is: rpm -e
<package>. You can imagine that I killed my system myself, thus please
never do that. I promise myself daily, to read and think first, nuit I
am so lucky that I don't need to pray about it. Happy me, I got friends
who heal me, now we go on with the other deseases, like piggy war
people, who need to be sent to a greek island ;-/

--
Vink