[Spam] Re: named updates failing

Dov Zamir Linux at zamirfamily.com
Sat Apr 17 20:08:48 UTC 2004

On ש', 2004-04-17 at 23:03, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Either the DNS master does not allow the IXFR or what it looks like you
> have set wrong file permissions, so that temporary files can not be
> created.

Hi Alexander,

I yes, the primary allows transfers, and as I pointed out in reply to
Pedro, the primary thinks it is transferring.

> Do you use bind chrooted or unchrooted? Which directories do you use
> with which permissions? Check your named.conf.

I just used the DNS cofiguration tool in KDE. Since this server is ony
doing secondary, I saw no reason to set up the files myself. So I have
no idea if the tool set up the files correctly.

> Alexander

Dov Zamir