HaM Modem 5628D-L .B Chipset

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Apr 18 16:17:32 UTC 2004

Am So, den 18.04.2004 schrieb Jay Daniels um 07:37:

> Funny Alexander:)
>
> The intel driver for my winmodem on my HP laptop didn't work.  I
> followed the instructions and develped a few wrinkles and serious
> headache.  Hey I did read the readme file;)

"Didn't work" is not anything someone can get useful information from,
unfortunately. Did you fail compiling the driver or did loading the
module not found your modem?

Ok, sometimes reading and thinking is not enough, that's right ;)

> The Linuxant HSF driver works.  Well worth the $20 licensed.  There is
> a trial driver but it's limited to 14.4.  Try it to see if it works
> before you buy.
>
> http://www.linuxant.com/
>
> Make take some trial and error to see which one you need.  I used the
> HSF driver for mine, however, I'm not sure what type of modem you
> have.

Well, there are Intel drivers for the poster's modem, so I think it is a
good start to use that driver source. As I posted on my system the
driver compiled without any problem. I just have not any Intel winmodem,
so I could not check loading the modules and recognizing hardware.

Stuart contacted me in personal mail and we'll see how far he will get.

> jay

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 18:12:05 up 58 min, 10 average: 0.26, 0.29, 0.25
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]