fedora install

Florian Idelberger florian at idelberger.de
Sun Apr 18 18:44:48 UTC 2004

Since today I'm using fedora instead of debian sid, but, though very
happy, I've got some questions.
although i specified "linux resolution=1024x768"
my laptop lcd is running with 800x600 so my view is somewhat narrowed
and "Screen Resolution" just offers 800x600 and 640x480? Why's that, and
is there a way to solve it witout editing x configuration files by hand?
Secondly, what do I need to install new packages via net, despite the
standard ones, and up2date doesn't get a connection. Is it possible to
use a ftp server with up2date? because http needs authentication via
proxy.
thx in advance
florian