user with root priviledge

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Apr 18 18:48:58 UTC 2004

Am So, den 18.04.2004 schrieb boby um 19:43:

> Hello
>
> how can i create a user with priviledge rot.
> i know that i can add the user to the root group .
> but even when i add the user to root group it can not
> be the same as root . system always ask me to enter
> root password to chang some thing .
> i want some thing exactly like root.

That is a very very bad idea at all! Never ever create a user with root
privileges for the daily work. Else go back and use Win98 :( Seriously,
devide normal user and root!

> the other thing is i up2dated my computer with root
> login but when one of my colleage enter to the same
> computer with his login name up2date is red and i
> should up2date it again,however i can not uptodate
> because i am not a root ...... is fedora kepp track of
> their clients by the name of user ? because it can not
> understand that user is in the same computer i have
> upgraded already .

Maybe the up2date with the colleague's account is not configured yet.

> thanks to all

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 20:20:55 up 3:06, 10 users, 0.24, 0.08, 0.13
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]