DSL Tweaking

Jay Daniels drs at pointyhats.com
Mon Apr 19 02:39:26 UTC 2004

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 03:49:12PM -0700, Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 05:24:31AM -0700, edwarner99 at yahoo.com wrote:
> >
> > I know that Linux if pretty efficient at optimizing
> > DSL connections and speed, but was wondering if there
> > are any "tweaks" to be aware of to speed up downloads?
>
> Linux will see the DSL connection the same way it
> sees any network connection.
>
> The important thing with DSL is the DLS modem's firmware.
> Go the the manufacturers site and look for updates.

I am curious about how my ParaDyne ReachDSL works.  For instance, is
my gateway address supplied by my isp the actual ip address of this
dsl modem/device?

Is there a port to get information from this ParaDyne device?  It is
an external dsl modem device, but I'm told it's not really modem.
does it have an ip?

jay