cdrecord / readcd problem

John Walsh dear_grommet at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 19 15:41:42 UTC 2004

>>duncan brown wrote:

>>>so, it looks like you're just trying to rip an audio cd?  why not use
>>>grip?    or sound juicer?  i have my own shell script that does quite a
>>>bit of fun stuff at http://www.linuxadvocate.net/cd2ogg which does as
>>>it's
>>>name says.  (version i'm working on now uses zenity under gnome, if you
>>>want it)
>>>
>>>-d

Tried 'grip' - its judt completely dead, I can click on buttons, but nothing
happens.

--

Tried 'sound-juicer' - better, but still a no-go. It reads TOC fine, but
when I try to

(sound-juicer:19342): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gobject.c:882: object class
`GstWavEnc' has no property named `metadata'

(sound-juicer:19342): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous
GError or uninitialized memory.
This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL
before it's set.
The overwriting error message was: encoder not initialised (input is not
audio?)
(sound-juicer:19342): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gmarshal.c: line 587
(g_cclosure_marshal_VOID__POINTER): assertion `n_param_values == 2' failed

--

Have not tried your script yet, but I would want mp3 output, so I'll have to
see if I can

John.