nv verses the world

mal malcolm at interele.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 23:30:57 UTC 2004

I read a post that a guy called Alan made that the 3D video folks would
rather work with friendlier vendors than Nvidia. I have also noticed
that there is a lot of  post along the lines of  ' nv doesn't do this or
that' and that NVidia binary explodes with FC2. All this is a bit
depressing since I have an Nvidia card too!  I even went to the trouble
of building a new kernel so that the Nvidia would work, which is a bit
daunting for a beginner and is a real pain.  So I figured it may take
weeks ( if ever) for Fedora and Nvidia to play nicely together but it'll
only take me 20mins to go down to PCWorld and get another video card.
So the question is ... What is the most capable card that I can get that
is totally supported by GPL drivers.  I know this is really a back to
front way to solve this problem but I am fed up with this situation.

best wishes