Strange sound problem

Ron Weatherston rdw at buffalo.edu
Tue Apr 20 20:22:54 UTC 2004

I'm sure this has been discussed already since I've experienced this
same problem with every version of Redhat since 8.0 (I'm now using FC1).

Every now and then my sound quality will suddenly get very poor. It gets
very thin and scratchy sounding, as if it's coming from a tin can. Has
anyone else experienced this issue? Is so, have you been able to fix it?

I'm not sure what information would be pertinent to this issue. I'd be
happy to provide as much information as possible to get this behavior to
stop. Thanks in advance.

-Ron