mii-tool and dsl?

-=Brian Truter=- brian at famvid.com
Tue Apr 20 22:07:13 UTC 2004

> Both of the DSL modems I've had, as well as both cable modems I've owned,
> and every DSL modem I've installed for other people have all had 100meg
> ports...either in a 4-5 port switch, or in the port that connected right
> to the PC/router/firewall.
>
> Interesting.
>
> As I noted, a few seconds ago, I'm surprised that the manufacturers are
> even bothering...I can't imagine that 10meg chipsets are that plentiful,
> anymore.
>
> --
> Mike Burger
> http://www.bubbanfriends.org

I have 4 broadband routers, and 2 cable modems. Every single one is less
than 1 year old, and also from several different vendors (Linksys, D-Link,
SMC). Not 1 of them has a 100Mb connection to the Internet. The ones that
have onboard switches are all 100Mb, but the broadband interface on every
single one is only 10Mb.

I have a friend who just got DSL service set up from SBC/Ameritech. The DSL
modem he was provided is also only 10Mb.