Problems getting Linux into homes.

Eric Diamond eric at ediamond.net
Tue Apr 20 22:27:08 UTC 2004

> > ... and I remember (almost fondly) of getting down on hands
> and knees
> > threading ribbon cable between a new Apple II and our
> 16.5Mb fileserver
> > :) - that was in 1979 I think.
>
> (waving hand frantically) I did CP/M, MP/M, TurboDOS, Zapple,
> and a whole bunch of other S100-based stuff.  Goes back to
> 1974 for me on that stuff.  I still have Volume 1, Issue 1 of
> ROM (Read Only Magazine) with the centerfold of a
> fully-stripped Z80 processor in it.

'80 for me. Ahhhh, the good old days.... Apple IIs and s100 machines.
And don't ever forget Commodore! My first 'LAN' was 5 Commodore PETs
connected to an auto-swtitching IEEE-488/HP-IB (actually was an HP box),
a printer and a single sided 5 1/4" floppy. Printing or using the drive
needed a 40+ character command line and our access control consisted of
waving your hand in the air and hollering "Nobody else print!"

Volume 1, Issue 1, huh? Cool... I used to have a full set of the first 4
years of Byte. But then came the flood...

Eric Diamond
eDiamond Networking & Security
303-246-9555
eric at ediamond.net