RH rips again Was: extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Apr 21 02:09:56 UTC 2004

At 17:37 4/20/2004, you wrote:
>Users must, at least, check for incoming mail via POP3 or IMAP4 or a Web
>interface (which is a front end for IMAP4) before they're allowed to
>send any mail.

POP-before-SMTP was quite common awhile back, before SMTP AUTH really got
widespread support. Is there a reason (other than "it's not broken, don't
fix it" which is valid) why you haven't moved your SMTP cluster to use SMTP
AUTH? Just curious.

Also, when I get the HOWTO roughed up and nearly finished, would you be OK
with me sending you a copy and asking for your reviews/comments/feedback?

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com