Clustering on FC1

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 21 05:38:57 UTC 2004

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 03:02:00PM +1000, Michael Mansour wrote:

>  ... I want to
> learn how to cluster with FC1 for my own personal
> environments, in addition to fail-over clustering to
> keep services like Apache running for my commercial
> clients

Clustering is "bigger than a bread box".
Can you be specific about your clustering intentions.

There are fine grained and  coarse grained computational clusters.
Shared memory, reflected memory or TCP/IP message passing.

There are fail over clusters for httpd where the fail  over is
transparent to the box/apache i.e. provided by the router and DNS.

There is load sharing clustering.
There is data base clustering (each data base product has a different answer).
There is file system clustering.
Mirror cluster.... (rsync).
BitTorrent clustering...
Render Farm clusters.

Redundant, performance.

Since lots of us are running setiathome on RedHat 7.x, 8.x, 9.x,
FC1, FC1.9x I would assert that ALL current versions of RH
cluster just fine.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l