rpm all wacked?

Fred A. Shaul info at zaptech.com
Wed Apr 21 06:29:58 UTC 2004

also posted on linux kernel list as ...
Re: 2.5.66-bk12 causes "rpm" errors

Wow, I just got this to happen with Fedora Core 1!

# uname -a
Linux bilbo.scalix.local 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl #1
Wed Oct 29 15:42:51 EST 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Error I was having ...

# rpm -q rpm
rpmdb: unable to join the environment
error: db4 error(11) from dbenv->open: Resource temporarily unavailable
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Resource temporarily
unavailable (11)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
package rpm is not installed

Now it works when the following is done!!!!!

# rm /var/lib/rpm/__*

# export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

# rpm -q rpm
rpm-4.2.1-0.30