A small problem with e1000 Net driver.

Balint Cristian rezso at rdsor.ro
Wed Apr 21 18:02:55 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 06:54, Bob Chiodini wrote:

> > The problem is that it takes a long time to start and the mount of some
> > NFS directories fails at boot. I tried to "ping" the machine when it
> > boots and the first ping I get back is when the login screen is already
> > on. If I try a network stop/start it takes 18/20 seconds before the
> > network works, even if I get an [OK] almost immediately.

	It is not a link negotiation problem.

	Catalyst or other CISCO ethernet switches/devices learn/aware for 25-30 secs their internal arp table and watch the STP broadcasts too
and only after that enable the connection (the red/orange led turns green).
	You can not disable this procedure of IOS as far as i know.

	I think you must delay your nfs mount, try use some sleep or some delaying script.

	As remark if you played with linux in bridge mode you observe the same fenomena, the linux bridge is aware/learn for
25 secs  things like arp/STP broadcasts than start himself.

cristian