"invalid GPG signature" trying to download latest kernel

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Apr 21 19:33:27 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 21.04.2004 schrieb Russell East um 21:21:

> I am subscribed to these channels:

up2date uses no subscription.

> fedora-core-1
> yum channel fedora-core-1 from
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/
>
> updates-released
> yum channel updates-released from
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/i386/

That are the default server settings.

> The URL listed in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date is:
> serverURL=https://xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/XMLRPC
>
> Wouldn't these be the central places to download from?

No, that are the initially set main server sources.

> I will try one of the mirrors - perhaps the data is just getting
> corrupted because of a slow connection?

Yes, the main server is so low - due to the fact that too many people
try to get data from there - that downloads interrupt. I stated that in
my howto. Use a mirror server near your location and problem will go
away.

> Russell

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 21:29:44 up 3 days, 4:15, load average: 0.37, 0.20, 0.17
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]