Py-2.3.3 on FC/1 [WAS] FC1 on Intel 440GX [SOLVED]

Christopher Chan cchan at outblaze.com
Thu Apr 22 05:57:12 UTC 2004

> fedora. Using the spec file it builds and almost completes and pukes
> near the very end with the following errors:
>
> Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
> /var/tmp/python2.3-2.3.3-root
> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload/_tkinter.so
>    /usr/lib/python2.3/lib-tk/turtle.pyo
>

> RPM build errors:
>     Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload/_tkinter.so
>    /usr/lib/python2.3/lib-tk/turtle.pyo

edit the spec file and add /usr/lib/python2.3/lib-tk/turtle.pyo to the
list of declarations of /usr/lib/python2.3/lib-tk/*

> Now, I have disabled the config and build of TKINTER since that's giving
> me an issue and we don't use it anyway, but does someone know how to
> work around these RPM errors? I am not even 100% sure what these are
> telling me. ANY ideas would be a great help. And yes. I have read the
> python-2.3.3 install notes for fedora - but don't want to do it that
> way, I want an RPM package I can use across 600 fedora servers, etc,
> etc.

It is telling you that rpmbuild create the file but the spec file has no
instructions on packaging it, which means it will not be included, and
therefore bombs out on you.

> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
> Michael Weiner

I had to do this for a whole bunch of tarballs under RH9 and Fedora.
RH7.x had no such problem.