How to boot without X Windows?

Martin Stone martin.stone at db.com
Thu Apr 22 14:31:57 UTC 2004

I usually call it "X" - "window" being something of a bad word.  Plus, you never
know, a corporate entity may decide that my use of that word constitutes
trademark infringement and sue.

I move that we call these onscreen objects *Binary Internal Library for
Luminescent User and System eXtensions*, or *BILLSUX* for short.