File Associations

Edward J. McSheehy mrmack1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 19:35:15 UTC 2004

I have been working with Linux for about 3 weeks and have bumbled my way
through the basics of this OS.  The question I have now deals with file
associations.  I've downloaded and installed Real Player for my mp3's.
I did try to associate mp3's with the player but I get an error each
time I double click on the file.  I'm able to load the mp3 into the Real
Player and play it but the association is just not working.  The error
message is "Requested file not found.  The link you followed may be
outdated or inaccurate"  This is followed by the path to the mp3 file
and it is correct.

How do you change or adjust a file association in Fedora Core I?

Thank you,
Edward J. McSheehy