Fedora-1 to Fedora-2

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri Apr 23 02:07:05 UTC 2004

At 17:59 4/22/2004, you wrote:
>(1) As and when Fedora-2 comes out,
>will it be possible to update Fedora-1 to Fedora-2
>(as opposed to installing Fedora-2 from scratch)?

There is a decent probability that you will be able to update via yum or
up2date. Inserting the CD and selecting "upgrade" instead of "install" will
(almost?) certainly be supported. Note that this applies when upgrading
*from* FC1 *to* FC2... no upgrades are supported when using testing releases.

That may or may not actually be all correct, but I think it is.

>(2) Will it make any sense to rsync the ISOs
>by comparison with the earlier ones?

No. Nearly every file, if not actually *every* file, will be different.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com