Help it is Stuffed

Stuart stuarts-burgers at paradise.net.nz
Sun Apr 25 08:18:17 UTC 2004

Hello:
         Today I killed my Linux Box.
I have been doing some work in an attempt to get my H a M modem working and
have installed kernel source stuff  and development tools. The machine
became real flaky and froze on me twice so being a good ex Windoze boy I
thought it was time to do a completed clean install.( I have not data on
this machine yet)

I started using the text based install  and selected a desktop?? install
and added the development tools (gcc32 etc) as I knew I would needs these
later. I walked away as I. I did not hear the disk draw pop out but the
machine started to squawk and upon returning to the machine I found a
number of messages in red that indicated that there had been a problem (
Sorry I did not record them) the last message stated it was safe to reboot
my machine.

I attempted another install and get all sorts of problems including
"unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address.."( dam screen
moved  on)

"code 00 89 f1 0f 32 89 d3 89 44 24 04 85 d2 79 6f c2 00 00 00"

"<0> kernel panic: Aiee killing  interrupt  handler"
" In interrupt handler not syncing  "

Then the machine start to squawk again .

  The nums locks light and the caps lock both flash as well.

I turned the machine off at the wall and tried again with a similar result
( In fact three times it happened)

I need to help to clear the machine and start again

I have a copy of Knoppix  that I can use I hope to get the machine
started  then do the house keeping.

Stuart

I need know what to do I will rebuild the system no problems I just need to
get a