non-gecko-based browser ??? Are there any for FC1 ????

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Tue Apr 27 02:40:07 UTC 2004

It would appear that on Apr 26, Matt Hansen did say:

> On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 22:57, Craig Thomas wrote:
> > Just a thought: have you turned OFF pop-up window blocking?  [I believe]
> > it is ON in the default install of both Mozilla and Firefox. I have
> > found a few sites who's 'add to cart ' tries to open a new window...
>
> Or you could specifically allow pop-ups for individual sites instead of
> turning it off for all sites. For Mozilla: Edit -> Preferences ->
> Privacy & Security -> Popup Windows. (Or you could double-click the
> little icon on the status bar indicating a blocked popup window.)

Hmmmnnn I should have thought of that. I forgot to look for the icon, Of
course that might be because I NEVER look for icons which are to me
mostly meaningless. If I could get Mozilla to display a text message on
the status bar ("[Popup blocked]" would be ideal) instead. Or to play a
distinctive sound when it puts the icon there. I might learn to look
for it. Still I remember liking the concept when I first read about it,
and had I looked for it, and if it had been there, I might have guessed
it's purpose.

By the way can you tell me if clicking on that icon (assuming it was
there) would have given me the choice to un-block the site for the
current browser session only. Or would I have had to edit the preferences
to re-block popups for the site next time?