kudzu and modems.

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue Apr 27 10:09:55 UTC 2004

I can't understand the behavior of kudzu in respect to my serial
modem. After initial installation it detects the modem but after that
it is ignored. What I mean is I can remove the modem and kudzu ignores
the change, or I can remove the modem from the kudzu database and
kudzu ignores the change. I can run: kudzu --class MODEM and kudzu
will remove all my hardware from its database except the MOUSE but it
still ignores the modem.

How can I get kudzu to notice that I have  changed, removed or added
the modem?
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University