signature.asc files

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Apr 27 12:37:56 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 27.04.2004 schrieb Betti Ann & Preston Smith um 13:19:

> Now if we could only get users to dispense with those darn signature.asc
> files.  I get tens of these each day especially from this list
>
> Preston

Hi,

if your mail client does not follow/support standards, then you
certainly should think about exchanging it. Or contact the support of
the programming company.

For serious, your mail header shows up

as MUA, and I can't say how good or bad that client is in supporting
standards. End of March I did initialize a thread with subject "GPG
signatures and list mail" with quite some responses. the conclusion -
not only by me - was, that it's a client side problem, if it does not
handle signed mails proper. Typically those "problems" arise on
Windows[tm] platforms.

GPG/PGP signed messages are a feature and no bug ;)

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 14:29:33 up 13:18, 11 users, 0.11, 0.16, 0.10
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]