up2date --installall

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 27 18:47:45 UTC 2004

Kevin M. Shortt said:
[snip]
> I ran the following command:
>
> up2date --installall --channel=fedora-updates-released
>

> This installed a boat load of packages that I purposely
> did not install during my OS build.

Sounds like it is working as designed:

       --installall
              Used in combo with --channel to  install  all  the
              packages from a given channel.

> What should I be
> doing differently to update ONLY the packates that are
> installed???

man up2date is your friend.

       -u, --update
              Completely update the system.  All relevant  pack-
              ages  will  be downloaded (and possibly installed,
              if you have configured Update Agent to do so).

--
William Hooper