why download the isos

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 27 23:27:41 UTC 2004

Aaron Hughes said:
> Can't you change your settings in yum.conf to get updates from a fedora
> test3 repository and update that way instead of downloading the isos?  I
> just figured there is probably a reason not to do that since it seems
> easier but everyone is downloading the isos.

If you check out the fedora-test-list archives (where this question
belongs) you will find that sometimes package versions go backwards, so
yum/up2date won't always give you the same thing as doing a fresh install.
 It is also the reason upgrading between test releases isn't desired.

Did I mention you should be following the fedora-test-list if you are
using FC test releases?

--
William Hooper