Early thoughts on FC3

K.M.Zammi Kahan ezammi at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 28 06:06:04 UTC 2004

Hi Pals,

            I’ve been using Redhat since release 6 and appreciate it is improved a lot along with the rest of the open source community. Currently I’m using FC test 2 and planning to upgrade to test 3 during the next weekendJ. Some of the features that I like to see in the next release of Fedora (FC3J),

1. Integrated system configuration interface.

    Although FC has all required config tools, integrated interface needed for centralized configuration.

2. Incorporate some multimedia tools like Xine/ Mplayer, K3B etc. By the time we will have more option like Vediolan’s VLC Player, Helix player as well.

3. Some missing plug-ins like (Flash, JRE etc). Today readers like acobat reader & Chm reader (xchm) etc also playing a big role.

4. Independent default art-work theme than Redhat’s default art-work theme.  What about eye-candy desktop for home usersJ??. If both GTK/GTK+ and Qt programs can have same look & feel much better.

5. Improved main menu (Better categorization and program description will help user to locate the required program quicker).

6. Some stuff like PHP development tools, open source portal etc. Apache has more interesting projects to be considered.

Does anyone have any interesting facts to share on FC3?

Rgds,

Zammi.