Hugh's long sig was ->Re: Looking for WINE

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Wed Apr 28 15:57:11 UTC 2004

Chris Jones wrote:

> Hugo Rabson wrote:
>
>> Jay Daniels wrote:-
>>
>>> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 03:17:33PM +0100, Hugh Foster wrote:
>>>

>> [...a long signature...]
>>
>>> Shouldn't long sigs like this be filtered or banned?
>>
>> His domain is servisair.com so I presume abuse at servisair.com will be
>> glad to
>> receive your complaint. If not, you might want to look through the
>> website
>> for a Customer Service e-mail address and go from there.
>>
>> -Hugo
>
> More reliable than abuse at servisair.com should be
> postmaster at servisair.com. Postmaster is a required mailbox.

Although postmaster is supposed to be a 'required' mailbox, it does not
mean it is ever read, many organizations redirect it to /dev/null, due
to people abusing it, like you guys are planning to do. Legitimate
complaints should go to abuse, and if it does not exist, then postmaster
may not exist either and the owner of the domain may not care about your
complaint.

On our system, both abuse and postmaster are redirected through spam and
virus filters to a ticketing system. We used to have postmaster send an
error indicating messages should be directed to support or abuse, due to
Mail Washer plugging the postmaster mailbox since it sends all rejected
messages to your own ISP rather than the spammers ISP {I am certain they
will burn in hell}.