Qos/TrafficShaping(on Shorewall) Howto available for Web-viewing

Homer hparker at homershut.net
Wed Apr 28 17:10:40 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 21:03, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> Please have a view and please feedback accordingly. I think It needs a
> little more work, esp in that QoS only can shape outgoing traffic and not
> incoming.

	That's the reason I didn't use Wondershaper.. I've got 4 interfaces in
my firewall and needed to throttle them all differently.. To throttle
both directions, you have to apply tc rules to both interfaces.. IE: you
want 192.168.1.1 to have 256k with QOS both ways, you have to mark the
packets as they come in, and then let tc use the marks to set the packet
to a rule.. Then you do it for the other interface.. So you end up
marking the packets coming in both interfaces, and in my case, I mark
according to origination and destination.. You've just set it for 256k
both ways.. And yes, I use Shorewall as well.. Works like a champ ;) As
for you're HowTo, it looked pretty good, just wanted to let you know how
to handle both directions... For your next HowTo ;)

--
Homer <hparker at homershut.net>