Taming the mailing lists?

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Wed Apr 28 20:59:47 UTC 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 15:55:54 PM -0400, ne... (akabi at speakeasy.net) wrote:

> I think it would be good if there was a list of rules detailing what
> was expected of subscribers in term of how to post, posting to the
> relevant list etc.

It exists. Just google for "How to ask questions the smart way" or
"Netiquette".

They don't work for the same reason why spam works. As long as people
who mess the lists violating those rules get answers, they'll keep
ignoring them. Flaming them is not an option, of course.

Still, if all they got was nothing, or a really polite request to
"read this and that, post again, and we'll kill each other for the
honor to help you first"... things may change...

Ciao,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

A good man is intelligent, and a bad man is also an idiot. Moral and
intellectual characteristics go together - Jorge Luis Borges