Qos/TrafficShaping(on Shorewall) Howto available for Web-viewing

Dov Zamir Linux at zamirfamily.com
Thu Apr 29 10:54:54 UTC 2004

On ×”', 2004-04-29 at 05:08, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> I don't really think you can somehow Shape what your ISP sends you
> unless you have access to the ISP's routers etc.
>
> If I am mistake, please educate me.

Actualy some comercial packetshaping appliances do just that. They shape
incoming and not outgoing traffic. This makes more sense for most, since
downloading is usually a bigger problem than uploading. It is done by
dynamically changing the window size. Unfortunately, I have absalutely
no idea how to do this.

Dov Zamir.