Sendmail and smrsh

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Thu Apr 29 14:00:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 14:45, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> > This is specifically for one email list, to which we want to reply to
> > ALL senders with a specific response (i.e. thank you for contacting blah
> > yahda blah yahda blah).
> >
> > This is not a bounce mail.
>
> Taking both paragraphs from your 2 emails I feel they contradict. Or am
> I today a bit off the brain?

I may not have been entirely clear.

We have an address published that translates to multiple email accounts
using the /etc/aliases file.
So there is no one user that the email actually goes to, it goes to
many.

I don't want to bounce the mail, I just want to reply thanking whoever,
for sending in a request.

> If you want to send every sender to the mailing list a reply message
> automagically, whey then not using the vacation tool? Though it's name
> you can use it for other replies than out-of-office responders too, like
> what you want.
>
> If that would cover your needs, I have it as packaged as an RPM, running
> on FC1.
I have got the script working, but I may look in to the vacation tool,
as I have not seen it in use before.

Doug