Problems with Mozilla Crashing

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Apr 29 15:18:32 UTC 2004

John Nichel wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I've searched the archives and found quite a few people are having
> problems with Mozilla and Fedora 1.  I tried all the suggestions that I
> found: installed M$'s TTF fonts, uninstalled/reinstalled the ttfonts-ja
> package, created a new profile from scratch, etc. and still no go.  I've
> tried these steps both with the RPM version (1.4) and the latest
> download from Mozilla (1.6), but Mozilla will still just 'exit' with no
> warning, and no error messages.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?
>  TIA

If it is site dependent, check for a problem with fonts.

I had this problem when accessing certain sites and found that there
was a font problem and makeing a link fixed all my crashes.

There was no zysong.ttf font on my system and creating a link from
zysnog.ttf > gbsn001p.ttf stopped 99.9% of my crashes.

This is in the following directory.
/usr/share/fonts/zh_CN/TrueType

There is a bug report on the RedHat site about this and is where I
found it.

--
Robin Laing
Instrumentation Technologist   Voice: 1.403.544.4762