Qos/TrafficShaping(on Shorewall) Howto available for Web-viewing

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Fri Apr 30 02:19:17 UTC 2004

Hey.. Since you're the ISP.. May I ask you a question?

Say I'm with ISP X, and I'm subscribed to their 384/128k package.
They say it's best effort. I want to know, how do they Cap the connection
to the said 384k.

What sort of trafficshaping etc do they do? TCP Window shaping?
Packet dropping?? ACKs??