New kernel...now how do I get grub.conf to refer to it?

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Fri Apr 30 16:44:11 UTC 2004

for the love of all that is clean and pretty, DO NOT COMMENT OUT OR EDIT
THE EXISTING LINES IN YOUR GRUB.CONF... you need something to fall back on
in case your kernel build is nasty.

use the same root/etc, but don't call your recently compiled kernel by any
name that is currently in your /boot that's taken by another kernel...

just copy the relevant lines from another kernel and put your new info in
there.

-d