Change the vertical refresh rate for a specific resolution .

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Sun Aug 1 21:50:31 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 16:50, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
> Greetings all ,
>
> I have a Samsung Syncmaster 757DFX monitor . Right now it is defined as
> a Generic 1024*768
> monitor since it is an unknown monitor type for Fedora Core 1 and the cd
> that came with the monitor
> doesn't say anything about Linux .
> Right now my display settings are ( K --- > System Settings ---> Display
> ) 1024*768  and Thousands of
> colors . Is there a way to make the X Window System display the vertical
> refresh rate that they use ?
> Is there a way to adjust that  ( the vertical refresh rate that the X
> Windows System uses ) ?
>

> Kind Regards ,
>    Kostas

--->>>First some monitors can be damaged or destroyed by improper
settings.<<<---

A quick Google turned this up from the manufacturer;

Class DynaFlat  Model 757DFX CRT Tube
Model DynaFlatX Viewable Size 16.0"
Pitch 0.20 mm(H)
Coating Multi-Layer Coating
Deflection 90 degrees
Tube Type InfinitelyFlat INVAR ShadowMask
Bandwidth 250 MHz  Scanning Frequency Horizontal 30 - 96 KHz  Vertical 50 - 180 KHz  Micro Processor Factory Mode 8 modes  User Mode 10 modes  User Control Digital Brightness, Contrast,Position, Size, Zoom, Pincushion, Trapezoid, Rotation Parallelogram, Pinbalance, V-Linearity, H/V-Moire,Color Temperature, Degauss, Video Input Level, Halftone, Recall, Display Timing, Languages, OSD Lock/Unlock Time Language Applied Plug & Play DDC DDC 2B/2Bi  USB USB Hub(Optional) Display Color natural color Compatibility Recommended 1024x768 @85Hz,1280x1024 @85Hz Max 1920x1440 @64Hz  VESA 1920x1440 @64Hz
1800x1440 @64Hz
1856x1392 @66Hz
1792x1344 @68Hz
1600x1200 @76Hz
1280x1024 @89Hz
1152x864 @104Hz
1024x768 @116Hz
800x600 @146Hz
640x480 @160Hz IBM Mac Power Consumption AC90~264VAC,50/60Hz Signal Port
15pin D-Sub+BNC Option Safety & EMC Safety UL, CSA, TUV, CB,NEMKO,Korea
EK,CCIB, PSB, NOM, GOST, CDRH, IRAM EMC FCC, CE, VCCI, C-tick, BSMI,Mic,
ICES EMI TUV GS, MPR II, TCO99(Optional) Dimension 398x412x412 mm
Weight Net 17.0kg  Gross Saving EPA/Energy2000/VESA DPMS Accessory
Software Kit(Install Driver, Manual Natural Color) USB Hub Optional,
Multimedia stand(SP-S303N) Optional

In /etc/X11/XF86config you can manually enter sweep rate ranges.
Also the Gnome and KDE monitor setup GUI's allow this also under
advanced setup.
--
jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>