media player, helix, - preference ?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 1 23:49:27 UTC 2004

kate wrote:

>Any preference of a media player?
>
>Helix, mplayer, other?  So I can see thoe video clips
>on foxnews that need "audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin"
>
>Any advice / direction appreciated.
>
>kate

I installed RealPlayer-0.4.0.186-20040615.i586.rpm  a few days ago to
watch a video from a band that I wanted to see video. AlterBridge (Creed
minus SS) and it plays the video fine. Helix was available on the same
site that realplayer was on. It needed a plugin or something for
audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin.

If you install this rpm onto your system, (RealPlayer) it will be
located under /usr/local/RealPlayer<version>. You just need to choose
the application type when the prompt comes up in the browser. I assume
Fox News would work with the player also.

I forgot where I got the rpm from and am on a different system than the
one that I retrieved the rpms from.  You might need to do a google
search for the location of the player.

Jim