Real Player 10 for Linux

Steve Snyder swsnyder at insightbb.com
Wed Aug 4 00:53:44 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 7:04 pm, James Drabb wrote:
> Has anyone tired this yet under FC2?  I tried both the binary and the
> rpm and neither work.  When I run realplay, it just sits there with no
> error messages, realplayer never shows up, though there are two
> realplay.bin processes.
>
> Did anyone get it to work?

Did you do un upgrade from a previous version of RealPlayer/Helix?  If so,
that could be the problem.

The post-install script doesn't run on an upgrade (rpm -U) but does on an
install (rpm -i).  Do this:

1.  Uninstall the older RealPlayer/Helix RPM.
2.  Delete these:  ~/.helix/*  ~/.realplayerrc  ~/.helixplayerrc
3.  Install the new RealPlayer/Helix RPM.

Hope this helps.