FC2 and PCTel modem

Sam Tygier samtygier at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 11:35:58 UTC 2004

hello

had similar problems, there is that driver that wont compile on a 2.6 kernel. i tried messing with one of the compile scripts, changing a 4 to a 6 in the bit that checked the kernel (i have not got the computer with me so i can't remember in which file), but it still did not work so i assume that there is a real dependency on 2.4

i found a a driver called slmodem 2.9.9 that compiled ok, there are some instructions somewhere. but when i tried to connect once it was all up and running, it complained that there was no carrier signal. wvdial did detect the modem though. i could not work out how to stop wvdial checking for a carrier.

its a sis hsp56mr modem (which has a pctel chipset) in evesham laptop that has not model number or name.

any info would be appreciated

thanks

sam