IMAP timeouts

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Aug 5 10:30:10 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 05.08.2004 schrieb Javier Perez um 12:00:

> I had problems with timeouts in IMAP. Everything was working fine with Outlook 2000, Courier-Imap and FC2 running the Courier-Imap.
>
> Suddenly, now I get frequent timeouts.

And what did you change when first time the timeouts occur? You must
have changed either on server side or client side.

> No matter what client I use (outlook, outlook xpress, thunderbird, mozilla) I get timeouts after downloading around 20 headers. When Outlook express tells me about it, I tell it to stop and then the client download some more messages.

And from a different client host?

> I thought It had to do with the mailserver and I switch courier for dovecot, but I get the same result
>
> I think maybe it is something with the wrappper service or something like that.

Which wrapper service?

Alexander

P.S. No HTML formatted list mails please, just plain text only. Thanks.

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2smp
Serendipity 12:27:31 up 1 day, 5:55, load average: 0.53, 0.55, 0.27