ntfs problem on kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2

Markus Huber humarfedoralists at yahoo.de
Thu Aug 5 20:26:49 UTC 2004

Sorry for opening a new thread, but I am new to the list and do not know
how to answer an "old" post.

David Lowe <David_Lowe brown edu> wrote Thu, 05 Aug 2004 10:44:40 -0400

>When I install the kernel-ntfs module for the new FC2 kernel,
>I generate a kernel oops when trying to mount an NTFS partition.
>NTFS was fine up until this new kernel.
>
>Is anyone else seeing this?
>
>Relevant dmesg output: http://www.het.brown.edu/people/lowe/dmesg.html
>
>I also tried recompiling with RO support -- still got the oops.
>dmesg output: http://www.het.brown.edu/people/lowe/dmesg2.html

Yes, I have experienced the same by compiling the ntfs-kernel-module
with and against the new kernel. I have tried the
kernel#2.6.7-1.456_4.rhfc2.at from the AT-repository, and ntfs works
fine. So I hope there will be an working upgrade from Fedora soon,
because I want to stick with their kernel.

Markus