BNC SHELL or EGG DROP

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Aug 6 02:00:34 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 06.08.2004 schrieb littleguru um 3:36:

> Is there any one that can help me for the bnc shell or egg drop .
> actually I don't know what are they at all , are they a kind of shell
> like bourne shell ?

Please don't "hijack" foreign threads by replying to a foreign list mail
while you want to start a new subject.

A bnc is a so called bouncer which allows you to let run an IRC
connection from a constantly running host to which you connect from
typically dial-in hosts, tranparently.

Eggdrop is an IRC roboter, typically for controlling channels.

If you have to ask you don't need them and at least for the eggdrop you
better save yourself and others the pain of a tool being less controlled
by someone not knowing much about it all.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2smp
Serendipity 03:57:11 up 1 day, 21:24, load average: 0.64, 0.34, 0.23