Inappropriate content in Fedora Core 2

Greg Swallow gswallow at cfl.rr.com
Fri Aug 6 08:45:27 UTC 2004

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 07:43:19 +0100 Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> ... But to me what you described is called moral harassment...

Might be harassment, but it is the reality we run into every today.

More to point, Windows and/or Mac OS do not delivery with such content
and, if Red Hat/Fedora wants business to seriously consider their
product, it should do the same. Else businesses will continue to buy
Windows and Mac OS and keep Linux in the closet.

Just as I will be doing this morning. I am considering one final
hardware purchase to try to get nVidia running correctly on my boxes;
one RHE WS3 and one FC2. If it will or does not work, I will drop Linux
completely for our workstations and move these boxes out as servers. No
GUI no problem.

My employees do not need Linux at all. They are willing to go along with
the change just to save me money. In turn, I am willing to spend money
to protect them from any absurd legal dispute. That is why I am making a
decision based on such a case 'history.'

> ...I would hate to work there...

You don't even have a chance of being interviewed.

Thanks for your support,

GregS <><
Owner/President
Blue Screen Technical Services, Inc.